What are eScripts?
An electronic prescription or eScript is a digital version of a paper prescription. During your appointment, your doctor can send your electronic prescription to you as an SMS or email.
All medicines can be prescribed using an electronic prescription. The message with a link to your electronic prescription, is stored on your digital device, so you can access it whenever you are ready, saving you time, streamlining the process, and improving medicine safety.
eScripts are sent electronically and securely between your doctor and pharmacist.
eSripts have been developed with improved patient safety by ensuring that the information on your prescription arrives at the pharmacy exactly as your doctor intended.
Why are eScripts important?
Electronic prescriptions reduce the chance of error during dispensing, which means greater safety and confidence that you are receiving the right medication at the right time.
As a result eScripts provide improved coordination and management of care between your doctor and pharmacy.
What happens and how does it work?
• If a prescription needs to be written during an appointment, your doctor will now offer to send your script as an e-script (QR token).
• You will get a separate token for each medicine you are prescribed.
• You can choose to receive this script either by SMS or email – you doctor will use the details that the practice has on file and check them with you before sending you the token.
• You can also choose to have the e-script sent to an alternative mobile number or email, for example if you need a family member to collect your script.
• Before the end of this appointment your doctor will check that you have received the e-script
• The script opens on your phone or computer as a QR token.
• You can choose to either print the QR token as a paper copy or take your phone to your pharmacy.
• When presented to the pharmacist, the token will be scanned as a key to unlock the electronic prescription from an encrypted and secure electronic prescription delivery service.
• Once you receive your medicine, you should delete the token that was used to get that medicine.
• If you lose your token, you will need to ask your doctor to cancel the electronic prescription and issue a new one.
• If your pharmacy does home delivery, you can forward your token to them instead of going into the pharmacy.
• The pharmacist will then dispense your medication.
What about repeats?
If you have repeats on your prescription, the pharmacy software will generate a new QR token for the repeats and they will send you a new token for your next repeat which you will need to give to the pharmacist when it is time to next get your medicine.
Is my information secure?
All your personal and medication information is locked with three levels of encryption so that it is completely private and secure. Only your doctor and pharmacist can see your information.
Can I still choose which pharmacy I go to?
Yes, you can take your prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
Most pharmacies in Australia are currently set up to process e-scripts, however not every pharmacy is, so it is worth checking with your preferred regular pharmacy if they are able to receive the token at their end.